Historic downtown - history meets modernity
In Bad Urach, the footprints of history can be see everywhere in the building and the cultural traditions. During a stroll through the historic center, the beautiful half-timbered houses from the 15th and 16th century are visible everywhere.
The Residential Palace is one of the few in Baden-Württemberg that have existed since the late Middle Ages. Count Eberhard Bart, the first Duke of Württemberg, was born here and lived here with his Italian wife Barbara Gonzaga di Mantova until they moved to Stuttgart in 1482.
The Town Hall was built in 1440, extended in 1562 and rebuilt in 1907/08. Until the mid-1800s, bakers and butchers sold their wares in the open area at ground level. Then this area was used as a fruit market until 1939. Other interesting details are the anteroom (16th century), the council chamber (beginning of the 20th century) and the arcade with coats-of-arms in front of the building (1907/08).
Almost all the municipal administration is still carried out in this building.
Oder wie viele der Bad Uracher und Bad Uracherinnen sagen „Turn- und Festhalle“. Denn viele erinnern sich noch an Ihre Schulzeit, als sie in ebendieser Halle ihren Schulsport absolvierten. Ob es eine klasseninterne „Bestenliste“ gab, wer die meisten Fenster oder Lampen zerschossen hat, ist nicht bekannt.Details